We are in the last days of what is the coldest season of the whole year. The season that calls for warm and comfortable moments, during which there is always room to enjoy a good dessert, with family, friends or simply in your own company. Delight yourself with these fantastic recipes of Chocolate Fondant and Alfajor by Chef Henrique Sá Pessoa!
100g 70% dark chocolate
2 egg yolks
Icing sugar q.b
Almond flour q.b
Ice cream scoop
1. In a bowl, start by adding 100g of butter and 100g of 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces. Place it in a bain-marie until the chocolate has melted.
2. In another bowl, separate 2 egg yolks and add 2 whole eggs. Add 120g sugar and stir in.
3. Add thyme sprigs to the melted chocolate. Stir.
4. Using a strainer, add the chocolate to the eggs and stir in.
5. Add 120g of sifted flour and stir in.
6. Pour the mixture into buttered and greased molds and season with salt stones.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180º, for about 7 or 8 minutes, depending on the oven.
8. Remove from the tin and sprinkle it with icing sugar. Add almond flour to the dish and a scoop of ice cream on top. Season it with salt stones.
Milk jam to taste
Strawberries to taste
Raspberries to taste
Coconut shavings to taste
1 teaspoon yeast
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rum
Peel of ½ lemon
1. Dough: In a bowl, pour 150g of corn starch, 100g of flour, 1 teaspoon of yeast, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt.
2. In another bowl, add 110g butter with 2 tsp of sugar. Mix it well with the mixer. Add 2 egg yolks, beat again and add 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp rum and zest of ½ lemon.
3. Incorporate the dry stuff as you beat.
4. Then knead the mixture a little, wrap in foil and put it in the fridge, for 20/30 minutes.
5. Once it is ready, stretch a piece with a kitchen roll and, with a cylindrical cutter, make some discs, some larger and some smaller.
6. Bake it in the oven, at 175°C, for 7 minutes.
7. Once removed, leave to cool.
8. To serve, spread the largest disk with dulce de leche.
9. Cut some strawberries and raspberries into pieces and place on top. Add some grated coconut and you’re done.
To finish off, the cherry on top the cake: take a look here at Costa Verde’s collections in the Online Store and choose the ideal pieces to platting your sweets!
Check out here more recipes from COMTRADIÇÃO by Henrique Sá Pessoa.
Enjoy your meal!